It is important to ensure that your SQL Database is regularly backed up. SQL Server Express does not have a native tool for automating backups, so to create a schedule, please follow this guide.
- Download the Transmille SQL Server Utility that is attached to this article
- Save the utility in a local location - recommended is C:\ProCal\Transmille Utilities (create the folder if it does not already exist
- Run the utility and select 'Configure Backup Location'
- Set the location where you would like backups to be stored using the file browser
- Press 'OK' and close the utility
- Open Windows Task Scheduler
- Select 'create task' from the actions menu
- Name the task and give it a description
- Choose whether to run only if the user is logged on, or whether the user is logged on or not (recommended)
- Check 'run with highest priveliges'
- Configure for the operating system that you are running on using the drop down menu
- Select the 'Triggers' tab
- Select 'new'
- Create the trigger for your backup process. A daily backup is recommended as a minimum:
- Select 'OK' once your desired schedule has been created
- Select the 'Actions' tab
- Select 'new'
- Set the 'Action' drop down to 'Start a program'
- Enter the path to your Transmille Server Utility (default name of file is 'SQL Server Status.exe') or browse to the file location
- Add the text '/alltasks' in the 'Add Argument (optional) box
- Select 'OK'
- Select the 'Conditions' Tab
- Replicate the settings in this tab as per the below screenshot:
- Select the 'Settings' tab
- Either use recommended settings (see screenshot below) or configure according to your system requirements and IT Policies:
Your backup task has now been created